1.3 CM

This morning, I thought about dying.  It would only really matter to my daughter.  Everyone else would get along fine.

My body is not giving me this option.  Over the years, I have thought that I would become immobilized, unable to walk.  Permanently.  I thought about this when I moved to Yosemite National Park to live and teach. I thought about how weather is no joke.  I thought about how humans are helpless against the elements. 

Cold. 

Freezing to death, lost on the trail. 

Or

Out of water, shriveling to a prune in the heat and drought.

Or

Simply squashed.  A giant boulder landing on your car.

I thought about these things carefully.  I was mindful and safe in Yosemite.

I've got this pea-sized boulder in my head. 

 How do I stay safe from 1.3 cm?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steal Away

Except

Home