Ten students in track and field passed by yesterday. I hadn't seen them before. When childhood sucks, you run. Literally. Figuratively. In High school, I ran long distance in between babysitting after school. Absent more than half the time, I never developed much endurance compared to teammates. At the time, that is what I thought. Looking back, I realize I did pretty good. When I look back on this hydrocephalus / brain tumor recovery time, I think I will conclude that I developed some endurance. To endure and to have endurance are not quite the same. And while I have endured some hardships, I haven't felt that I actually possess endurance. But now I know I do. Walking to downtown, less than a mile away is a marathon. (Doing it twice in two days is an ironman.) Watching a movie requires me to practice focussing for over an hour, patiently . The sequestration, while self-imposed in the past, may drive me mad. Speakin...
Comments
Post a Comment